Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I often wonder what my sheep are thinking at times. Babs (raised as a bottle lamb) will come running whenever I am out in the fields and she will hang out with me till I'm finished doing whatever I'm doing. I was out pulling weeds for quite a while this morning and she stuck it out in spite of the rest of the sheep laying down in some shade. As I was pulling the weeds, she kept grazing right next to my hand and when I moved, so did she. I could almost see that caption over her head that said "I know I'm doing a good job helping you." :)

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing his lambs and hearing what you think of them. The proof of a stud is how good his offspring turn out. Some studs (any species) throw better than themselves, while others don't reproduce their own excellence. You have already seen some of Oshi's get for his previous owner so you know what to expect. Looking forward to hearing your opinions on the lambs.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maisy had developed a hot spot on her hip that we couldn't seem to beat so we took her to the vet yesterday. They found a couple of other spots and asked if they could keep her overnight and go ahead and cut her hair to see what we are really dealing with. That poor girl is a trooper and didn't even give me a nasty look when we picked her up this afternoon. I originally left the shop door open so she could sleep inside but she evidently preferred to stay out with the sheep. She acted normal when I spent time with her this evening and was wanting her usual hugs so she isn't pouting about it and forgave me. She definitely doesn't look like a Pyrenees but she is healing so that is all that matters.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
She loves you so much and you have her trust completely. She utterly adores you and if that is what you wanted, then that’s what it is. She may not understand what or why, but you came back for her to take her home and that’s all that matters. Maisy is a wonderful dog.

This ought to heal her up and she’ll have time to grow her coat back before it gets real cold.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maisy is back to normal, and her hot spots are healing. I have been making her meals a bit more tasty since I add a pill in each one along with bacon and bacon grease. She is about as smart as any dog that I have ever seen. I add her pill just before putting her food down for her and she will look at it and then go straight for it to act like she doesn't know what I did. :) Like I mentioned in @Baymule s thread The sheep still haven't figured out who this strange dog with no long hair is and they won't approach her.