Teresa & Mike CHS - Our journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Longest I’ve gone without power was nearly a month. Hurricane Ike dropped a big oak tree on the house, on the end where the electricity was connected to the house. So it took awhile to get structural damage fixed, then electrical damage fixed, city inspector to come by and say ok, then flip the switch! BJ and I camped out, in the house with a borrowed small generator. I never missed a day of work, but he had a couple of weeks off.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hurrah for some measurable rain... I know we sure were getting dire here, so I am thinking it was the same for you.
Rained here again last night. Will check the rain gauge in a bit. Just had another shower so not in any rush to get outside. Hope the D@%# DEER got the message to stay out of the garden... not like they don't have a ton of green stuff to eat out there now with the recent rains getting everything looking so much better..

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tonight was a night that happens every six months with Sirius XM and Teresa shows her negotiating skill. We have XM in our ram that we have had for a little over four years now and it only has 6,000 miles on it since it only gets driven 4 or 5 times a month or it does the occasional vacation trip. Sirius would like us to let them auto-bill since they would get $156 every six months which we won't let happen. Just about the time the auto-bill is going to happen, Teresa starts working on canceling the service and after several emails back in forth and a few chats.... they drop the bill from the $156 to $54 for six months. That is still fairly high for no more than we drive that pickup but I enjoy it, especially since we usually have it on when we are on the road.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a feeling, that when you take in sheep and lambs, that the owners make some phone calls and tell some sheep breeders that you brought in such and such... and they get more people in to look/buy because of your sheep being such good ones... in good shape....
Once the auction personnel recognize you and the sheep (which happens when bringing in good animals in good flesh) they often let their buyers know that you have consigned. Had one auction yard tell me that if I brought in quality lambs to notify them when I was bringing in another load and they would notify buyers.
He gave me the option of getting the rotator cuff or the full shoulder but when he told me recovery time was six months for the rotator cuff versus two-three weeks for the replacement
I don't know about shoulder replacements, but people I know that had rotator cuff surgery that it is really painful and has mixed results.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We finally got informed that my prescription for Repatha (for cholesterol) got approved. Evidently they balked at paying $600 a month for the shots when statins are so cheap. The pharmacy went back to the cardiologist and they confirmed that I could not take statins so that smoothed everything out.

Latest posts