Baymule’s Journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey @Baymule have u ever thought of moving up north were its not so hot and u don't have to feed hay 9 months out of the year and you can raise more sheep per an acre and u don't have to worry about floods or fires or tornadoes or such. Oh the land of beauty. Where the grass grows green the water is clean and the the sheep are happy. Where the garden grows the elderberrys are wild and the porch swing is comfy. Where you have an enjoy all four seasons. I know a place
Are you selling? 'Cause I don't think she wants to go to heaven yet. 🎼🎼 LOL

Re: Sheriff Woody: I guess I needed to go further back when I scrolled - couldn't find the naked man. I will look for the meth guy too.

Looks like Yantis has joined the rest of Texas in the drought and heat wave now. :( Was hoping for one more cutting of hay but Cody said he just shredded what was there. I guess to keep the Bahia from getting too old and tough. If we get fall rains, there might be another cutting but otherwise probably finished. Hopefully the pond is deep enough that we won't find our newly released fingerlings floating on the surface of the water when we get back. Another incentive to re-dig the small pond and dig it DEEP.

The battery was dead on the flatbed so they couldn't tilt the bed to load the tractor. Didn't matter since they discovered that battery was dead too. Recharged the batteries and DSIL2 came over yesterday to help load the tractor and trailer on the flatbed. They got the squeeze on and just need the small tractor forks. They invited me to go out to look but I had enough to do and have learned after 50 years of marriage not to critique a man's loading job. DH knows what he is doing. He was a loadmaster in the USAF, worked for Bekins in college, as a semi driver in college, and is quite capable. His only failure in all that time is not being able to teach me how to tie a trucker's knot. That is probably my fault since I can never remember the whole "rabbit goes in the hole . . . " sequence.

It has heated up here to triple digits and the rain we were supposed to get from that storm in Mexico blew away. Some areas got a few drops but not us. Supposed to get rain this weekend from another tropical storm. We will be on our way to Texas with another double load of stuff. From our frying pan of heat into the devil's fire. We will apparently have to pass through a large rainstorm in AZ and NM with dangers of flash flooding. DH is undecided as to whether he will take the northern or southern route. Both will be bad, but the northern route has much rougher roads and he is worried about the fragile glass items breaking. I just agree with him and say "Yes, Dear". LOL I have agreed to remove the china cabinet glass door and pack it separately in a painting box, well padded. I have already taped up the glass of the door with painter's tape. I guess they will load the bookcases, now empty, and with the shelves and shelf supports removed, today or tomorrow. I was sitting om my white couch and realized how comfortable it is. I might decide to take it to Texas. It is a sectional with a queen size sofa bed. I need to measure it and see if it will fit in the living room instead of buying a new one. That would settle the argument over who gets it, and I wouldn't have to spend any more money. If it gets ruined, I will just have it reupholstered, which might be cheaper. It won't go this time so I can think about it and maybe get to Palm Springs in November to find a leather one cheap. I can keep it covered but the men have leather recliners so it would only be me and company to sit in it. Have to consider.

This moving business is getting old. Moving the office could be a problem. I have plastic file boxes to transport files and will take a file cabinet to Texas ahead of the move along with the old files I don't need to refer to all the time but need to keep available. The big job will be sorting through the drawers. Maybe I should take some of the extra office supplies back in this load. 😖 Just got a call from DD2 asking us to watch both girls this evening for Parents' Night. Have to meet her and pick them up.

More later. DH just told me to go take the door off the china cabinet NOW because he has to oad it FIRST. When is he loading? :hu I do thy bidding Oh Great One! :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I left at 5:30 this morning to go get something. Son found it on FB marketplace Tuesday.

I went to bed early last night, didn’t do any good. Dogs were having a Bark Festival at 11:30, it was after 2AM before I went back to sleep. I was reading The Way Of The Pack by Brenda Negri. VERY good reading about LGDs. Ironically I was reading the chapter about barking. LOL

Son called Tuesday to tell me about a good deal he found on field fence, new rolls, leftover. I don’t like field fence, but looked up the price and the “deal” was only $10 cheaper and many miles away. Oh well, but then he found a trailer. I’ve been looking for a small trailer to convert into a chicken coop. They run $700-$800 for a used lawnmower trailer, more than I want to pay.

So son finds a trailer with coop already built! 55 gallon water barrel, with PVC fitting on outside to fill it. A hanging feeder that holds 35 pounds of feed, a metal roll out nest box that opens on the outside and a Chicken Run pop door, plus fold down wings on each side and front, for shade. All for only $450. DEAL!

It was 89 miles away, when I got there, they lowered the price to $400. Even better deal!

The front strap fell off somewhere, the side wings were flapping for runway take off. I pulled into a filling station and wrapped a rope around it and tied it off.

IMG_4828.jpeg

IMG_4827.jpeg

Dogs were waiting and I moved them. Think I’ll take a nap now.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve taken 2 naps. I haven’t dropped the trailer, it’s still hitched to the truck. It’s 104F and I’m not real motivated. I’ve been outside to give fresh water and hay, came in and took a nap. I usually start feeding around 5. With this heat, I go out, fill water buckets, come in to cool off. Go back out to feed, come in. Feed dogs, take them to the field. This heat just drains me. I have to go get feed in the morning. Do I want to drop trailer now in 104 degrees or at 6:30 in the morning when it’s 77 degrees……..,. 77 is sounding like a winning number to me!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve taken 2 naps. I haven’t dropped the trailer, it’s still hitched to the truck. It’s 104F and I’m not real motivated. I’ve been outside to give fresh water and hay, came in and took a nap. I usually start feeding around 5. With this heat, I go out, fill water buckets, come in to cool off. Go back out to feed, come in. Feed dogs, take them to the field. This heat just drains me. I have to go get feed in the morning. Do I want to drop trailer now in 104 degrees or at 6:30 in the morning when it’s 77 degrees……..,. 77 is sounding like a winning number to me!
I swear I would become nocturnal if I was there!!! ALL my chores would be done by floodlight or head lamp.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wanted a trailer for meatbirds. But heck, I’ll take this any day!
I went ahead and dropped the trailer. It’s SO hot and dry, the humidity is only 26%!! My T-shirt is still dry instead of dripping sweat.

Anatolians barked at the strange smells and checked it out. Dog approved.

IMG_4830.jpeg

IMG_4832.jpeg

IMG_4833.jpeg

Last edited: