Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. Well one sinkhole (for want of a better description) morphed into two. Hubbs left his truck on the “world” side so he could go to work etc. My car was also there and I went shopping to top off household miscellanies. We planned to walk to the house with groceries, feed etc, about 1/4 mile up a steep hill. My character failed and I gunned the ol No-Name vehicle over the culvert one last time. A stupid move but I made it. Really stupid as we discovered the culvert was more rust than metal. So new culverts. For the life of me it looks like water came from all directions and swept over the road for 30 feet. The road is raised several (6? 8?) feet and crosses a flat flood plain. There had to be A Lot of water down there and it’s all gone. There’s another culvert on the road, I hope it’s in better shape. :eek:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. Well one sinkhole (for want of a better description) morphed into two. Hubbs left his truck on the “world” side so he could go to work etc. My car was also there and I went shopping to top off household miscellanies. We planned to walk to the house with groceries, feed etc, about 1/4 mile up a steep hill. My character failed and I gunned the ol No-Name vehicle over the culvert one last time. A stupid move but I made it. Really stupid as we discovered the culvert was more rust than metal. So new culverts. For the life of me it looks like water came from all directions and swept over the road for 30 feet. The road is raised several (6? 8?) feet and crosses a flat flood plain. There had to be A Lot of water down there and it’s all gone. There’s another culvert on the road, I hope it’s in better shape. :eek:
Take it from me, add more culverts. Obviously what you had is not enough for flash flooding. More dirt, then more rock. What size is the old culvert? You might want to go up a size. Bigger, more = better.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
True -- location must be at road access, which I thought it was 🤷 need a culvert, either way. 😄 Sure would be nice if it's a county help effort!

This morning it's a wintery -- for me -- 41* :tongue but going to low 60s. It's a "reminder" to be ready for a few months of this. Winter happens every year. So why is it always a "shock" to us? 🤣. Maybe just unappreciated. Cool enough I made a pan of pulled pork BBQ in the oven last night. An oven dinner tonight, too!!

I had off/on sprinkles yesterday. Could happen today.

Have a great Sunday everyone. :frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s 49F with high of 76F. It’s 68F in the house now. I went outside and fed while coffee was making. Time to break out sweatpants for morning feeding and lounging around drinking coffee. Sun is out, house will be warm later. I went to bed with the AC on. Church this morning then I’ll find something to do.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Making applesauce today with the apples saved from Mister. Cores and peels go to making vinegar. For anyone who wants to try, its very easy!
Coffee now and another after I recover from feeding ☺️

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
On my second cup of coffee. I fell AGAIN!!
My balance is just terrible! I almost fell the other night when we got home from town and I went out to check Mister, then last night I felt like I was drunk (I don’t drink) and was weaving and staggering trying to walk thru the house. Gotta figure out what’s causing it. For now, I’ll be using a cane

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Found this...not perfect but, pretty good.

To measure the pH of vinegar, simply use a pH strip. The resulting color will tell you how strong the vinegar is. Distilled white vinegar usually measures around pH 2.4, with a strength of 5%. The lower the pH, the more acidic the vinegar is.Jul 7, 2023