Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice, fresh, hot coffee :caf so good! A lovely 75 out but humidity is 94. Makes you feel wet. Goats are still in barns looking around at knee deep, wet grass, compliments of that unexpected late rain. It's how it grows guys, embrace it. :D =D it affects me too.

Gonna be a slow morning! Maybe I'll go to job work for a while :rolleyes:

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
0200 hrs the Pooch alarm went off I usually just let him take care of business and within 5 minutes or less he is done and whatever has passed through. Nope not last night, I didn't take head count on how many dead coyotes are out there now though will say it required a mag (30 rounds) change mid way sending rounds down range.
The beauty of this dog is I have trained him to get down and stay put when I come out with the rifle.
After coffee I will toss them in a ravine and maybe take head count, I didn't feel like dealing with it last night.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beryl is on the way. I got out this morning and fed animals. It’s raining. I just was able to get online. Got a cup of coffee now.
Channel 13 in Houston lost power and went dark. I bet they are freaking out. Finally a big weather event and they are off the air!

Beryl is only a Cat 1, and is weakening. The eye is on the west side of Houston. It will be a tropical storm by the time it gets here and will clear out by 7 PM. By 11 or 12 noon, the full force of the storm should be here.

It’s a hunker down day.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
0200 hrs the Pooch alarm went off I usually just let him take care of business and within 5 minutes or less he is done and whatever has passed through. Nope not last night, I didn't take head count on how many dead coyotes are out there now though will say it required a mag (30 rounds) change mid way sending rounds down range.
The beauty of this dog is I have trained him to get down and stay put when I come out with the rifle.
After coffee I will toss them in a ravine and maybe take head count, I didn't feel like dealing with it last night.
Yes! Less coyotes, and the absolute beauty of all the time and effort spent working with and training Pooch! WTG - you two are now a team to be dealt with! 👍🏼👍🏼

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
An ambulance went by yesterday mid morning, siren louder than usual. All of a sudden, in the woods next to us, a pack of coyotes started howling. Lots of variation of howls. This is the second time this has happened in the last month
IMG_6802.JPG
. They were obviously right there, but out of sight. My 15 week old puppy would be a nice snack. They can't get to the chickens. There is a tiny stream that runs thru the woods.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's tomato season - 8 jars of tomato lime salsa now on the shelf, 5 jars of marinara in the canner. Tomatoes left on the counter just enough for BLTs ..... until I go back out in the garden and then ??? whatever.
Put the lambs all through the chute and weighed them. Liking the weights on most of them. The two remaining triplets (ram lamb sold) could be better - but then they are about 2 months younger than the oldest. Watching them and will evaluate as they get older.
The best part - it was easy working them through. Obi helped. Everything was nice and calm and ..... loaded with animal crackers ;) .
IMG_7228.JPEG