Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I've noticed that when it's cold out they hunch more the first few days--probably trying to get warm, what a change and shock it has to be. But, if it's nice out they are straight backed and running around in no time.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
243_dsc_7641.jpg

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ohhhhh, he is cute! Will he stay that color or change to the black and white I'm more used to seeing?

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
No, he will stay like that for the rest of his life (mind you, he will still get bigger :hit). He may lighten in color a little bit, but he'll stay brown. Brown, referred to as dun in Beltie lingo, is a recessive gene. Dun animals dress out better than black ones. :celebrate

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
No, he will stay like that for the rest of his life (mind you, he will still get bigger :hit). He may lighten in color a little bit, but he'll stay brown. Brown, referred to as dun in Beltie lingo, is a recessive gene. Dun animals dress out better than black ones. :celebrate
I guess that's what brown can do for you ;)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
man i missed alot.dehorning an carterizing does stink bigtime.but you get used to it.an blizzard in may no wonder your freezing.kitty it feels good to get the ground planted.an that calf is way to cute.gonna be a long day.have a meeting today with the pipeline people.so its gonna be a long day.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Something wiped out another duck nest last night, I don't know if it's cats, dogs or something the dogs don't know they can "deal with". I still have all the goose eggs that didn't hatch, so I am going to try to set some live traps today.

GrassFarmerGalloway, that calf is way too cute!

Kitty, glad your getting your field work done! I want to get out there and get started on some of mine, but latest rains we've been having are not helping much!