Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
DH got home at 11:30 yesterday morning. We had a quick lunch and headed out to the field. We got it seeded down and just in time! :bun It started raining last night and is still raining.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
:sick

That's not fun.

We've had a series of sunny days. Things are going to get dry soon again. We need the rain!

I was just out in the pastures: Good news: Faith does not have mastitis. She's just got a lopsided udder with two VERY full teats.

I think it was because she was grazing on the spring lush growth.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:

That's not fun.

We've had a series of sunny days. Things are going to get dry soon again. We need the rain!

I was just out in the pastures: Good news: Faith does not have mastitis. She's just got a lopsided udder with two VERY full teats.

Yea! :bun

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:

That's not fun.

Yea! :bun
That's what I say!

Also, little Charlie Brown is the most amazing calf I have ever seen. You know how most calves stay hunched over for the first couple days after birth, 'cuz they spent nine months in fetal position. Little peppermint paddy was standing straight and tall within hours of his birth. That's what I call a nice calf! I'm sure it has something to do with being born on fresh grass and in mild weather instead of in the dead of winter.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Charlie Brown, Peppermint Paddy????? I'm confused. Is Peppermint Paddy the dam?

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
:lol:

No, peppermint paddy is his nickname. Sorry, that was confusing... You know, Charlie Brown from Peanuts has a few nicknames, peppermint paddy, chuck, etc...

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:

No, peppermint paddy is his nickname. Sorry, that was confusing... You know, Charlie Brown from Peanuts has a few nicknames, peppermint paddy, chuck, etc...
Peppermint Paddy is a girl on Peanuts. ;)

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Farmer Kitty said:

:/ Well, my mom called him that, I'll go blame her for her lack of Peanuts knowledge and passing it on to her daughter. :somad

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:

:/ Well, my mom called him that, I'll go blame her for her lack of Peanuts knowledge and passing it on to her daughter. :somad
Peanuts is a good show. You should see if your library has some of their videos and check them out. Never to old for Peanuts!