Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The rains here have brought all fieldwork to a complete halt. We went to town to do grocery shopping and it's wet out. :(

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
The rains here have brought all fieldwork to a complete halt. We went to town to do grocery shopping and it's wet out. :(
Rains have forced me to find batting!
I have the quilt pretty much pinned together!

Now I need to go get some yarn to tie it up!
Can't open the gate, guess it will never get done!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
its no fun when the rain stops the fieldwork.im tired of meeting with the pipeline people.they did agree to build pastures to hold the cows.so they can lay the pipeline.we told them we wanted double their offer.so its a wait an see game now.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:

Do you have cotton crochet thread? That is what I use.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
its no fun when the rain stops the fieldwork.im tired of meeting with the pipeline people.they did agree to build pastures to hold the cows.so they can lay the pipeline.we told them we wanted double their offer.so its a wait an see game now.
I hope they will nogeciate up.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
oh im sure they will.because we told them that we had figured it by the foot an came up with $102,000 plus damages.they will come up a pretty good bit.an then pay for replanting 20acs of coastal.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:

Do you have cotton crochet thread? That is what I use.
Truth is, I could not come up with the words crochet or embroidery, so I said yarn! Nope don't have any!
I will send the boy to get some tomorrow, if he doesn't have to work!

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Did some gardening myself today. Fertilized the herb garden and weeded DM's flower bed. Also: Saved garden from peppermint takeover. (If you have uncaged peppermint, GET RID OF IT BEFORE IT TAKES OVER!!! It is a PAIN!)

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Oi was today fun. Had to help with doing BSE's on six bulls (a few Red Angus, but mostly purebred traditional-coloured Simmentals) today; and that wasn't just standing by and watching! And right at the end of the day, last bull to go out was staggering around a bit because the headgate was too tight in his neck (headgate was adjusted as far apart as possible), knocked against one of the kennels in the back and lo and behold that had enough force to pop the gate open and a reg. sized poodle escaped on us, scared all to heck. A couple boys working for the vet were soo close to catching the pup but it got away, ran across the highway, and took off up the highway for a half mile before it ran into the feild. We lost sight of it after an hour of driving around and searching (careful not to drive on any seeded feilds). So either the coyotes will get it or it'll just hole up in the bush until it gets too hungry to want to wait. The vet had to abandon the search after a bit because he got called back to help kid a nanny goat; the kids are way cuter in real life than seeing them on TV or in a picture!

And that's the most exciting things that happened today. :D

m.holloway

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good Morning everyone !!
How was everyone's weekend? I had a great one. The kids came over on Sat. and we ordered Pizza and played cards. Sunday hubby and I did yard work. Monday we planed on resting, But that went out the door. We had a sunny day, so I did 3 loads of wash. While I was bringing them off the line I notice Reba was mooing alot. Sara-lu started that morning. I told hubby I think she's in heat and looking for a bull. Well back to Reba. I stoped getting the clothes and walked out to where Reba was,Yep Sara-lu was thur the fence, at the end of the yard of the people that live behind us and trying to get thur that fence. WE found the broken fence and got Sara-lu back. It took the rest of the afternoon to fix it. And then my hubby went to the feed store to get another bale of hay. Cause while we were out there, the grass was so dry that I know that they can't graze on it. He was so sweet, He thinks that's why Sara-lu broke out. The grass was greener on the other feild.Anyway he came home with 3x3x8 compress bale. He told me that they said it was Orchard hay? Some kind of alfaph mix. It was for horse, but it got to old for them so they told hubby it was good for cows? And since we have noway to put it under the shed we had to put it out in the feild, Then it decide to rain, I covered it with plywood and the next day we drag it with the truck under the barn so it won't get wet. But the cows have it 24/7 I hope that isn't bad. And last I blanched and put up the veggs.
144_veggs_from_garden_052009_002.jpg
:)