akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I love chickens, but don’t have any now. I can’t keep up with what I’ve got, not adding anything new. It’s so exciting when pullets start laying, their egg song is so cute. Enjoy your girls!
I like the egg song except for when Bernadebt did hers. I had to go out and check on them because it literally sounded like she was dying not singing. It was awful listening to her.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm with you. Going to 93 today 86 at 10:30 (yeah I know nothing like you're getting, but still! :lol: ) of course it IS summer so there's that.
You must be inland? 20 miles from the coast here. Though 100 and 100+ is not unheard of here (we're just not at that time in the summer >yet< o_O )
Stay cool.

akroberts 1085

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm with you. Going to 93 today 86 at 10:30 (yeah I know nothing like you're getting, but still! :lol: ) of course it IS summer so there's that.
You must be inland? 20 miles from the coast here. Though 100 and 100+ is not unheard of here (we're just not at that time in the summer >yet< o_O )
Stay cool.
I live over 3 hours away from the coast and I'm not in the high country. What makes it suck more is the fact that I'm always worried about wildfire and some of the neighbors don't water their property so it's all dry and also they have propane tanks.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I live over 3 hours away from the coast and I'm not in the high country. What makes it suck more is the fact that I'm always worried about wildfire and some of the neighbors don't water their property so it's all dry and also they have propane tanks.
Yup, tis the way it is here -- everything is brown and crunchy. We are country out here so not much optional greenery like in neighborhoods. No way anyone can afford to water much other than groves and food gardens.
They kept pleading with people to cut back water usage - people did. No foresight to realize when people cut back on water that their bills would be less and the water companies were slitting their own financial throat. SO of course rates increased and continue to do so.
We all have propane tanks heating and cooking. Electric too pricey though solar does help and is actually the only affordable option for electric.
We all live by scanning the horizon for smoke, and the PulsePoint and Watch Duty aps.

Latest posts