The journey into the abyss of no return

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lets start off with some entertainment... Last Saturday a last second mud bog event came up, well I decided to take the 5 ton. I ended up having to go last cause they knew I would blow the hole out and I did and broke the crust on the bottom.
Ended up winning the competition of going the furthest (imagine that). I went twice cause well they wanted some entertainment. The second time I stuck it so good their M936A2 military winch truck couldn't even pull me, they had to go fetch their 50 ton wrecker. Left a crater of about 4' deep when pulled out.
They want to know if I would donate my track loader to make the bog right, we will see about that. I will be doing the work and I see it as a way to advertise our business.
View attachment 110103View attachment 110104View attachment 110105View attachment 110106View attachment 110107View attachment 110108
WOAH!! That's so cool. Good clean fun - so awesome. WTG!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Church people were going to crucify you -- ;) :lol: Hell fire and damnation - guess they're the type that would drown after God tried to send them 3 different boats to save them. Stupidity at it's best.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are the church people that stupid? What was it going to hurt for you to be parked in their parking lot.. when no one was there, and you would be gone before they had church the next day...??? SENSELESS.... okay, maybe you should have called them to ask permission... but it's not like you were going to drop the tree across their lot or anything.
Geesh
I will say in my own defense to start off with the lot wasn't marked it was just a empty gravel parking lot as I seen it though found out later it's the overflow parking lot.
One of the congregates actually moved the parking bumpers for me beforehand and ended up calling the church as I found out later to say I was destroying the place. The green arrow is the church in question, blue arrow is the tree and the only direction it could go and the yellow arrow was where the loader was. It did fall on the parking lot and was one of many directions it was going to fall if I didn't take it down before the next wind blew through.
Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 08-28-35 Google Maps.png

Funny part is I moved my loader out of there within hours as the head of the church lady watched and next day the she came out and asked if the tree fell naturally"or did the guy with the machine pull it down"? I didn't blink I just looked at her and said, the arsehole with the machine left town soon as you called the police on them and a tow company pulled it down parked right over here and it's on Facebook to be seen. :gig

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
While we are at it, it has gotten so dry here any dirt not covered with vegetation or rock is now powder about 2 inches deep and about 6 inches deep on the road. Namely mostly where I got stopped putting the rock down at on the road.
We've have some fun times driving pedal to metal dusting the idiots who stopped me for now. Funny thing is the guy paying me for the rock went and spread the rock had a talk with one of the idiots, he asked him if I would put a load of rock down now, he said he was ask me. My answer is nope sign a written agreement we can and his other friends sign on then sure I will.
In the mean time we are going to continue to dust them namely with the 5 ton that creates a dust bowl like the 1930's. They will be begging me by October to put rock down, add some decomposed animals to the dust with some animal feces, yep it's going to be ripe. Then I will really get creative.

BTW we go most of the debris gone from in town house too. Steady at it 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.
IMG_0519.jpeg
IMG_0520.jpeg
IMG_0521.jpeg

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got a text last night, apparently peoples wells are going dry as one particular person is friend of ours out here asking for some water. We are still pumping water out here in that well I dug. Helps I also got 3k gallons on reserve in that tank down there, 1.6k gallons for the house, another 1.5k for the animals and the water I saved from the rainfalls in the spring.
Speaking of which I've only used 530 gallons of that water to keep the pigs a slop hole to stay cool in with another couple of thousand to go.
No rain in the forecast for as far as I can see.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Putting in that well, was great foresight on your part. But, that is why you did it, knowing that the water situation there is very precarious. So very glad for you that you have a "reserve" of water...

Not the same exactly, but one house I lived in did not have a well... alot of shade trees so not collecting off the roof for drinkable water. Directed the roof water into tubs for the animals drinking water and garden watering water... I had a 2500 gallon cistern put in... like the concrete box that they use for septic tank... and had to get watered delivered. You learn to become very "water use conscious". I reused water from washing my "delicate fabrics", collected in buckets when it came out the discharge hose, to then put back in the machine and soak and wash my dirty "cow jeans"... used that discharge water to run out on the lawn to water the grass and towards the gardens.

I smiled when you were saving that rain water for the pigs because it brought back so many memories of what I also did to save water for future use.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dusting the neighbors! Hahaha! That’s so funny! I know y’all are enjoying that! Their homes are close to the road too, so I bet that dust even finds a way to seep inside the house. Maniacal laugh!

That’s a lot of debris! Clean up is going good.

Brilliant on your part to put in the well. You didn’t mention if you are sharing water with your friend, or would it be an ongoing drain on your resources?