Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
As expected, light rain and cooler. So far way less than predicted 👍 Dreary 🥴 better get that pork chunked up and BBQing itself. And stock pot for chicken carcass. Inside day mostly. Might make a cake while oven is going. Haven't done that in a while. Yep, stumble around inside all day 😁

Thinking, calmly having coffee. Nice start. :caf

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, you are putting that welding certificate to good use now?
Not really. Cert's don't transfer. A new weld test each company.
A friend gave me a bag of passion fruit so need to “juice” them and will use some for passion fruit custard and freeze the rest.
I didn't know you could do anything other than make a sleepy time tea out of them. I'm always mowing, pulling, somehow getting rid of them. They seem to try and take over here if left alone.
Today we are going to process 2 feral hogs I’ve had on ice. Going to make fresh breakfast sausage.
The last feral hog I left on ice to long waiting for a nice day to do a whole hog cookout. It turned green.:(:he A lot of work to just throw it away.

Good weather this weekend in the mid 80's. Not enough rain, so running the sprinkler a lot this weekend trying to keep the grass growing a little longer. The water dept/city??? has a handy water dispenser across the street for filling tanks. Last year 2 quarters fill a 250 gal tote over full, this year 10 quarters and a much longer wait time doesn't get half.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just another beautiful early fall day in Wyoming here. High of 80, nothing to complain about.
Hopefully a bit of a rest day, trying to rally myself to go run.
Laundry in the washer, probably a good day to get some cleaning done too.
Y'all have a wonderful holiday.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
September and we are hitting 100°F today. No reason or rhythm, farmers almanac predictions or old wives tales as to what the weather is doing, just going with it and preparing for the worst while hoping for the best is the best you can do.
Despite lack of rain and such the well is still producing water.
Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 09-01-09 10-Day Weather Forecast for Rosebud MT - The Weather Channel...png

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't know you could do anything other than make a sleepy time tea out of them. I'm always mowing, pulling, somehow getting rid of them. They seem to try and take over here if left alone.
There's a lot you can do with them. At the old place I had a vineyard of them. scones/biscuits, cakes, smoothies, custards, the list goes on - not that you can find recipes easily. I mostly just substitute passion fruit juice for whatever liquid is in a recipe. OHHHHH now you've got me thinking again- passion fruit pancakes! I put the pulp through a wire strainer to take out the seeds - and extra is frozen for later.
Still no pups -- still on the right time track (due Wed). 'Tis the waiting game.
Temp heading to 90 today - I should get out there and pull out the tomato plants. Hanging out in my "office" may be a good idea so Ree gets more used to the whelping box. Sounds like an excuse to stay in doesn't it?! :hu:caf:lol:
More coffee!!!

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Having a motivation retardation day. But Yesterday was interesting, I decided to help Oreo (buck) get some of the stuff off of his face ( it was starting to clump like Viking dreds :confused:) I was concerned he may start to suffer a bit of urine scald. He was a master on the leash I was so impressed I walked him to the back of the garden where there was plenty of grass to sop up the water. I gently got his beard wet and used a Lard soap bar to kinda clean stuff off without taking all his natural oils off. he did so well I decided to wash his pits and stood up off to his side to bend over and scrub those stinky pitts, When Quite unexpectedly he started shaking his head like a dog! :epOnly this guy has some very sturdy horns on top of said head that was now directly next to my head with both hands in his pits. Yep my THWACK! right in my head. it was like getting whacked with a branch. :hu Thank goodness he is a Nigerian dwarf Buck and so I really felt it but wasn't knocked to my fanny. Learned something new. Let him shake then move on :lol: For about a solid 5 minutes he had a nice beard with single strands of hair. :celebrate

Should I worry about Urine Scald on him or transferred to the weather or the does?

I hope every one has a wonderful bonk proof day today. Blessings

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having a motivation retardation day. But Yesterday was interesting, I decided to help Oreo (buck) get some of the stuff off of his face ( it was starting to clump like Viking dreds :confused:) I was concerned he may start to suffer a bit of urine scald. He was a master on the leash I was so impressed I walked him to the back of the garden where there was plenty of grass to sop up the water. I gently got his beard wet and used a Lard soap bar to kinda clean stuff off without taking all his natural oils off. he did so well I decided to wash his pits and stood up off to his side to bend over and scrub those stinky pitts, When Quite unexpectedly he started shaking his head like a dog! :epOnly this guy has some very sturdy horns on top of said head that was now directly next to my head with both hands in his pits. Yep my THWACK! right in my head. it was like getting whacked with a branch. :hu Thank goodness he is a Nigerian dwarf Buck and so I really felt it but wasn't knocked to my fanny. Learned something new. Let him shake then move on :lol: For about a solid 5 minutes he had a nice beard with single strands of hair. :celebrate

Should I worry about Urine Scald on him or transferred to the weather or the does?

I hope every one has a wonderful bonk proof day today. Blessings
Perhaps a riding hard hat! ;)