Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Yes, they like the sun.

What a rough spring at your place. First, Smokey has to learn to be a calf. Now Bruiser has to learn to be a dog!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
Yes, they like the sun.

What a rough spring at your place. First, Smokey has to learn to be a calf. Now Bruiser has to learn to be a dog!
Yep, I am mean to my critters!
I even ran out the hen with 1 chick! Told her to go free range like the rest of them, no more special deliveries!
Now, I need to get that pen ready for my new babies!

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Well, manure!
Seems like I spent hours yesterday, online, getting our hunting licenses, tags, applications for permits and submitting the applications.
Since I havent seen the turkeys, haven't heard them gobble very much and I did not how many toms were left, I did not get myself a turkey tag.
Of course when I went out to the garden this morning, there were 2 big toms and 3 jakes in the field!
Do you think they know I did not get a tag?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Well, manure!
Seems like I spent hours yesterday, online, getting our hunting licenses, tags, applications for permits and submitting the applications.
Since I havent seen the turkeys, haven't heard them gobble very much and I did not how many toms were left, I did not get myself a turkey tag.
Of course when I went out to the garden this morning, there were 2 big toms and 3 jakes in the field!
Do you think they know I did not get a tag?
The turkeys? Of course they know! I don't know where they keep thier computers but, they sure do get the info fast. :gig

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i finally made it here this morning.goat got out of his pen.so nephew an i caught him again.an chained him up.then we did the chicken chores an watered everything.the jugghead nephew bought a motor cycle so we looked at it.i told him dont wreck it.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks'd be absolutely out of their flippin' minds if they were to do any seeding today, both gardens and fields. Seriously, we had a ruddy snow storm today! SNOW!! :rant :rant We got like I think 8 inches over the day, but it seems to be melting now. Supposed to get more snow tonight though (arrgh!!). But hey, by Sunday it's supposed to be back up to the twenties (celcius) and in the mid-twenties by next week.

Nothin exciting happened today, except helping vaccinate some six-week old golden retriever puppies this afternoon. :love Gosh they're soooo CUTE!! :D :D

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I feel for you! We had frost Sunday and Monday mornings but, we haven't seen snow for quite awhile now. NO, I do not want it! It has been running colder than normal but, today was and tomorrow is suppose to be way warmer than normal. I will be nice and not say how warm. :)

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
If our rain was snow, we woud be buried!
Didn't get a seed or plant planted today!
Finally got a good sunbreak, it lasted long enough for me to cut some poles for the beans, then the sky turned black and it started dumping again!
Do have a clean house!(whoopee!)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
its going tobe sunny here till sun.an slight chances of rain for 3 or 4 days.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Good morning

Got to sleep in a little this morning!

Only a 20% chance of rain today, 0% for the next few days! Hopefully gonna get the garden done! Then maybe I can finally start spraying all weeds that don't belong in my fields!